The Neuroscience of Leadership
- How can you lead effectively through change?
- What makes your team follow you during a crisis?
The Coronavirus crisis has changed our lives and our workplaces profoundly. Almost all companies need to respond to the short-term emergency, while at the same time planning for an unpredictable future. There will be plenty of change and uncertainty.
The uncertainty and unpredictability present the biggest challenge to leaders. At the same time, this is the moment when true leaders stand out.
Keynote: Transform Your Leadership with Neuroscience
Who do leaders decide to lead? Why do followers decide to follow? Having answers to these two crucial questions will be transformative to you and your team. Scientific research has given us many insights into what makes people follow and what decision blind spots we have.
Very often, trainers and speakers give misleading information that is contradicted by science. As a result, leaders were ill-prepared to face challenges brought on by the pandemic. Widespread failures happened at all levels. Those trainers and speakers were just as clueless as to what to do when the pandemic hit.
Learning Objectives: Get answers to:
- How can you apply science to inspire your team?
- How can you make your team members feel safe?
- How can you be mindful of your unconscious emotions?
- How does stress make us more irrational?
- Why do we overreact to threats and danger?
- How do our heightened emotions influence memories?
- Is negativity really that negative?
- How does emotion influence our decisions?
- What are common blind spots in decision making?
- How can you make followers feel safe?
- How can you build more trust?
- Why is too much positivity toxic?
- What motivates altruism and action?
In this content-rich, science-backed keynote, you will identify the brain structures that are involved in human emotions, memories and decisions. You will find out how unconscious emotions can influence our decisions. You will discover why humans follow the crowd to feel safe.
Harness the Power of Science
Leadership training has been based on anecdotes and individual experiences. Speakers copy each other’s ideas and recycle them. There is a lot of fluff, but little science or applicable takeaways. You have heard how important it is to “listen,” “build trust,” “follow your gut,” “show empathy,” etc. But in reality, these abstract concepts don’t translate into actions.
Based on his extensive research on the Neuroscience of Human Behavior, Dr. Wu will explain how the brain follows certain paths in making decisions and choices. His keynote speech will enlighten you with easy-to-understand Neuroscience insights as well as proven practices that you can implement immediately.